Khmer Pork and Papaya Salad Sandwich
A sandwich of fresh, green papaya and pork.
- 1 pound pork fillet (sliced into medallions)
- 4 french bread rolls
- 1/2 large green papaya (shredded)
- 1 medium carrot (shredded)
- 6 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 3 spicy chilies (seeded and thinly sliced)
- Black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 spicy chilies (seeded and chopped)
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ cup hot water
- Mix all sauce ingredients together until sugar dissolves and set aside.
- Mix the papaya, carrots, shallots, and chilies with the sauce and set aside.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and grill or pan fry until well done.
- Toast the bread on both sides on grill or a pan.
- Spread with mustard and/or mayo, then fill with papaya salad and pork.