- 1 cup millet meal/flour
- 1/2 cup bean flour
- 1/2 cup peanut flour or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups room temperature water
- 1 pinch salt
- Bring 2 cups room temperature
water to a boil in a pot.
- Meanwhile, mix flours and meals
with 2 cups cold water.
- When the water begins to boil, add
the flour/meal mixture.
- Stir until mixture boils, then
reduce heat and cover.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take mixture off heat, add a pinch
of salt, sugar, and oil.
- Serve hot.
#breakfast #staplefoodRecipe submitted by Kirstin Krudwig – Peace Corps Volunteer, Burkina Faso (2008 - 2010).
This dish is a staple food in Burkina Faso. Staples are foods that are eaten regularly, often daily or with every meal. In Burkina, Bouille and Enriched Bouille are eaten for breakfast and served hot with a bit of milk and sugar.
Search #staplefood to explore other daily dishes around the globe.