Walnut and chestnut soup.
- 1 cup chestnuts (shelled)
- 1 cup walnuts (crushed)
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- Black pepper
- Bring chestnuts to a boil in a pot and cook for 30 minutes until they are almost soft and set aside.
- In a different pot, simmer walnuts in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Add chestnuts, onion, and salt and
black pepper to taste to the walnut base.
- Simmer until chestnuts are soft
and break into small pieces.
- Serve as either a soup or a sauce.
#soup #sauce #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree