Vegetarian corn mixture steamed in corn husks
- 6-8 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/8 cup of water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- corn husks, soaked in water
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Soak corn husks in water.
- Use 1 tablespoon of butter to coat the ears of corn and then wrap each ear in foil.
- Place wrapped corn ears on a baking dish and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until soft.
- Slice corn kernels away from the ears.
- In a blender or food processor blend the roasted corn kernels and water until fully ground.
- Add coconut milk, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, sugar and baking powder to corn mixture and blend well to combine all ingredients.
- Put 1 – 2 tablespoons of the corn mixture in each corn husk.
- Fold the sides of the husks in toward the center and place in a steamer.
- Steam for 30 minutes.
- Remove from husks before eating.