Curry Ginger Lentils
Candied ginger and curry infused lentils.
- 1 cup lentils
- 2-3 large tomatoes (or a handful of sundried tomatoes)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 cubes candied ginger (minced)
- 2-3 tablespoons curry powder
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Sauté garlic and onion in a pan for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Boil lentils, bay leaves, and salt to taste in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and continue boiling another 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve hot.
#maindish #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree
Recipe submitted by Leslie Shages – Peace Corps Volunteer, Burkina Faso (2006 - 2008).