Crispy Lentil Balls
Fried red lentil and veggie balls.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 large zucchini (grated)
- 1 cup kashkaval (use mozzarella as a substitute, grated)
- 4 green onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 eggs
- Oil for fying
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Black pepper
- Bring lentils to a boil in a pot with 2 cups waters.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer on low for around 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Once tender, drain and mash with onions and garlic.
- Mix in zucchini, cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Place cornmeal in a separate bowl.
- Roll and cover lentil balls in cornmeal.
- Heat oil in pan for frying.
- Cook for about a minute, then remove with slotted spoon.
- Drain over paper napkins.
- Serve hot with yogurt or Feta and Dill Spread for dipping.
#smallplate #snack #vegetarian