Mini dumplings stuffed with cheese, potato or cabbage filling.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cottage or ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 sprig green onion (minced)
- 1 small bunch parsley (minced)
- Black Pepper
- 2 potatoes (peeled, boiled, and mashed)
- 1 onion (diced)
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- Choose a filling option and mix ingredients together in a large bowl.
- To make the wrappers, place flour in a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Add eggs, salt and a small amount of water in the well.
- Don't add too much water or the dough will be too sticky.
- Knead dough with your hands.
- Shape dough into a ball and let it sit for 30 minutes under a towel on a clean surface.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface.
- Dough should be less than 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut into squares.
- Place a small amount of filling in the center of each square.
- Fold in half to form a triangle and seal the edges well.
- Bring the two smaller corners together and seal to form a crescent.
- To cook, place in a large pot of boiling, salted water for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon when dumplings rise to the top of the pot.
- Serve with sour cream or butter.
Recipe submitted by Teresa Claxton - Peace Corps Volunteer (Moldova 2008- 2010)
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.