Chilled Lemon Soup with Mint
Chilled potato and citrus soup.
- 1 large potato (peeled and grated)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- Black pepper
- Simmer potato in broth and 1 cup water in a pot for around 20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove potato from broth and mash until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, and egg.
- Gradually add in 1 cup hot potato puree, whisking constantly.
- Transfer the egg mixture back into the pot and heat gradually until soup thickens.
- Don’t let soup come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let soup cool.
- Whisk in yogurt, garlic, and mint.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill the soup for around 3 hours and serve.
#soup #vegetarian #glutenfree
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.