Pickled vegetables with a kick!
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 small spicy chili pepper
- 1 small cucumber
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large bottle vinegar (16 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Clean a large glass mason jar by boiling it.
- Chop the vegetables to the size of your choice.
- Dry the vegetables, either by leaving uncovered in the fridge, squeezing, or cooking lightly.
- Now, fill up the jar!
- Add enough vinegar to cover the vegetables completely.
- Seal and let it sit for a day or two in the fridge before tasting.
- Eat as a side dish or on top of Gallo Pinto!
#sidedish #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree
Recipe submitted by Alex Douglas - Peace Corps Volunteer, Costa Rica (2010-2012)
Photo courtesy of Peace Corps Costa Rica staff
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.