Pan-fried, curried vegetables.
- 2 cups string beans (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 10 kaffir lime leaves (minced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small piece fresh turmeric (grated)
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass stalks (finely chopped)
- 4 dried Thai red chili peppers
- 1 tablespoons of palm sugar (use brown sugar as an alternative)
- Put the 4 dried peppers in some
water to soak.
- Mash turmeric, lemongrass, lime
leaves, and ginger together for around 10 minutes.
- Chop the peppers that were soaking
in water until they form a paste.
- Cook the pepper paste in a bit of
oil in a large soup pot on low heat.
- Add the garlic, turmeric,
lemongrass, lime leaf, and ginger mixture and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add palm sugar and salt to taste
and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with bread or rice.
#smallplate #vegan #vegetarian #glutenfree