- 2-4 large cassavas (also known as yuca)
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Peel and cut cassava/yuca into small pieces.
- Cover cassava/yuca in a pot with water.
- Bring to a boil for 15 minutes or until cassava/yuca is tender.
- Drain, mash until smooth, and then let cool.
- Roll into large 6-inch balls.
- Serve with soup or sauce.
#smallplate #snack #vegetarian #glutenfree
This dish is a staple food in Niger and many other African countries. Staples are foods that are eaten regularly, often daily or with every meal. In Africa, Fufu is usually eaten alongside a soup or sauce.
Search #staplefood to explore other daily dishes around the globe.