- 1/2 cup sorghum, corn, millet, or rice (powdered/flour/meal form)
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup room temperature water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring room temperature water and
salt to a boil in a pot.
- Meanwhile, mix flour/meal of
choice with cold water.
- When the water begins to boil, add
the flour/meal mixture.
- Stir until mixture boils, then
reduce heat and cover.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with milk and sugar.
#breakfast #staplefood #vegan #vegetarian
This dish is a staple food in Burkina Faso. Staples are foods that are eaten regularly, often daily or with every meal. In Burkina, Bouille and Enriched Bouille are eaten for breakfast and served hot with a bit of milk and sugar.
Search #staplefood to explore other daily dishes around the globe.