Hearty Moroccan split pea soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 cups water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups dry green split peas
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 dried red chile pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Fry garlic in the vegetable oil in a large pot over low heat until lightly browned.
- Pour in water and olive oil.
- Stir in split peas, parsley, chili pepper, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 55 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the peas do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- When the peas are tender, mash them with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in additional water to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle with oil olive before serving.
#soup #glutenfree #vegan