A savory puff pastry with cheese.
- 1 package phyllo dough
- 3-4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or oil
- 3/4 cup Sirene cheese (or use feta as a substitute)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large-deep rectangular pan.
- Beat eggs and Sirene or feta cheese together.
- Place 3 sheets of phyllo dough in baking pan, painting butter between each sheet.
- Add a bit of the egg and cheese mixture.
- Add another 2 sheets, buttering in between.
- Add more egg and cheese mixture.
- Repeat this process until you use all the phyllo sheets.
- Spread any remaining butter on top.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with water to prevent dough from drying out.
- Serve hot or cold.