An Armenian take on a Georgian flatbread classic.
- 2 cups water (warm)
- Around 4 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons vodka
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons oil (olive or vegetable)
- 1 1/3 cup butter (divided into 4 sections)
- 1 cup mozzarella (or other cheese that melts well)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix water, 2 eggs, vodka, red wine vinegar, oil, and salt.
- Mix in flour, one cup at a time, until the dough is moist but not sticky.
- Knead into a roll and divide into 4 sections.
- Fold 1/3 cup butter into each section.
- Cover each section of dough and place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough, knead, and place back in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Roll each section into a flat square.
- Mix remaining eggs in a bowl.
- Spread egg over each square and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cut into squares and bake for 20 minutes or until golden-brown.
#appetizer #snack #breakfast #vegetarian
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.