- 1/4 pound codfish (deboned)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 spicy chili pepper of choice (finely chopped)
- 2-3 chives (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2-3 sprigs parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Oil for frying
- Black pepper
- Boil codfish in a medium pot of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Shred apart into small pieces.
- Add flour, baking powder, chili pepper, chives, onion, parsley, curry powder.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Mixture should be moist enough to drop off spoon.
- Heat oil for frying in a large pan.
- Drop spoonfuls in hot and cook until golden brown color.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot.
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.