This tossed salad is a stable in Albanian cuisine
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, unpeeled and chopped
- 4 green or red peppers, chopped (roasted or raw)
- 1 large yellow onion chopped, or 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion and parsley, in a large bowl and toss.
- Place oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake until well blended.
- Toss dressing with vegetables, turn into a serving bowl, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with crumbled cheese and serve on chilled plates.
Photo by Peace Corps Albania Volunteer @layyss_