Sweet, sour and a little spicy.
*Recipe courtesy of Peace Corps Sri Lanka
Serves 6-8 people.
- 1 medium-sized pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon flaked Maldive fish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5 curry leaves,
- 2” rampe
- 1” lemongrass
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon sweet cumin seeds roasted and powdered
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Clean pineapple and cut into cubes after removing the core.
- Heat oil and fry the onions together with the curry leaves, rampe and lemongrass.
- When the onions are softened, add the rest of the ingredients, except for the sweet cumin powder.
- Simmer until the ingredients are cooked and well mixed.
- Sprinkle the sweet cumin powder and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with rice (optional).
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.