A traditional Bulgarian stew.
- 3 pork chops (cubed)
- 1 pound veal liver (cubed)
- 5 bell peppers (finely chopped)
- 2 yellow onions (finely chopped)
- 1-2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- Black pepper
- Cook liver over medium heat in flat pan with some of the oil then remove from heat.
- Add the rest of the oil and a bit of water and cook the pork chop.
- Preheat the oven to 300° Fahrenheit.
- When pork is tender, add the liver, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and wine.
- Add paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a little more water and stir well.
- Transfer to earthenware or oven-safe dish.
- Bake for around 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with parsley sprinkled on top.