Feijoada de Moçambique
Meat and bean stew over rice.
- 1 pound pork (cubed)
- 3 sausages (chopped into circles)
- 2 cups kidney or black beans (pre-cooked)
- 2 tomatoes (diced into large chunks)
- 2 carrots (chopped into circles)
- 3 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped into large chunks)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 bay leaves
- Hot sauce of choice
- Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, sausage, and pork and sauté until meat is browned.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Add beans and bay leaves.
- Add hot sauce to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.