Boiled white corn cakes
*Recipe courtesy of Peace Corps Colombia
- 5 cups of cooked white corn
- 2 cups of grated or crumbled fresh cheese
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Salt to taste
- Corn leaves to wrap
- Butcher's twine (optional)
- Place the corn, cheese, melted butter, and salt in the food processor and mix until the corn is pureed.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- To assemble each bun, organize two leaves of corn on a work surface. Divide the mixture evenly and place in the center of the leaves.
- Roll the corn leaves so that the filling is completely sealed. Turn and tie the ends with butcher's twine or thin strips of leftover corn leaves.
- In large pot, place the bollos and cover with water. Place the pot on the stove over high heat and bring water to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer, and cook for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let the bollos cool for five minutes before serving with chicharrón, chorizos, or butifarras.
Help us understand our audience
If you are in the U.S., please enter your five-digit zip code to help us better understand who uses our resources for educators.