Moithaopi wa Peace Corps
The first step in this process is for you to complete the application form and provide Peace Corps with the accompanying documentation we need to thoroughly evaluate your organization’s capacity and readiness to effectively host a Volunteer.
Volunteers attached to Peace Corps Botswana Health and Youth Projects come with a variety of skills and a willingness to dedicate themselves to two years of Volunteer service working with and for organizations such as yours. Peace Corps takes this dedication to service seriously and invests considerable time and resources to provide properly trained Volunteers capable of improving HIV programs and organizational capacity.
Applications for Volunteers are evaluated primarily to ascertain the following:
- The organization has appropriate and sufficient work to occupy a Volunteer for two years.
- The organization has appropriate and realistic expectations for a Volunteer’s support.
- The organization is established enough to support a Volunteer’s work and housing for a period of two years.
- The organization has identified appropriate housing for a Volunteer and has certified its ability to maintain the Volunteer in this house for a period of two years.
- The organization is a legal entity in Botswana whose work is supported by the Government of Botswana.
In considering applying to host a Volunteer, please note that the Peace Corps approach to development is human capacity building through the provision of Volunteers. Peace Corps IS NOT a funding agency. If your organization is in need of funding to complete its work, please address your funding issues before applying for a Volunteer. A Volunteer cannot be expected to secure an organization’s long-term financial health or serve as an organizational fundraiser. This is not considered an appropriate role for Volunteers and Volunteers expected to fill this role will be transferred to other assignments.
Conversely, if your organization has appropriate work for a Volunteer, can support a Volunteer for two years, and can benefit from the ideas, enthusiasm, and technical talents brought by an American Volunteer we look forward to receiving your application.