Peace Corps Belize is seeking to engage the local market on the requirements listed below.
Safety and Security Manager
Basic Functions of the Position: The role of the Safety and Security Manager (SSM) is to support security-related functions (i.e. site inspection and selection, Volunteer site visits, emergency planning, incident response, etc.) that are critical to post operations and Volunteer support. The Office of Safety and Security provides technical oversight of security related matters and SSM professional development. The SSM reports to the Country Director (CD) who manages day to day workload.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 3 years’ experience with safety and security programs of Peace Corps, or 3 years’ experience with safety and security programs of similar NGO/development organizations, or relevant professional security or law enforcement experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan and facilitate safety and security training and give presentations, in English
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other organizations, including local law enforcement, criminal justice, emergency management and other NGO/development agencies
- Ability to analyze crime trends and other risks and propose mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated English proficiency, both written and oral
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, and other basic computer knowledge
- At least an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Some demonstration of skills and abilities in helping people adapt safely to local cultures while also understanding and accepting the culture they bring with them and the cross-cultural problems that sometimes occur
- Able to travel in Belize up to 25% of the time
- Able to pass a U.S. Embassy background security investigation
- Valid Driver’s license, clean driving record, and able to drive manual transmission vehicles
Compensation and Duration: Base compensation range starts at BZ$50,179 plus benefits, and negotiable based on previous experience and qualifications. Based on satisfactory performance, the contract is renewable (annually). Upon completing each contract year with satisfactory performance, the incumbent is eligible for an increase in the base salary at time of contract renewal.
Application Process/Deadline: Overseas Contracting Officers may give preference to personal services contract (PSC) candidates residing in Belize or who are citizens of Belize at the time of application.
- Submit resume, cover letter, copy of valid driver’s license along with a written statement regarding ability to drive manual transmission, and contact information for three references to: [email protected]
- The due date for applications is September 3rd, 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- For a complete statement of work, please send a request to [email protected]
- Additional Information: For additional general information regarding the Peace Corps, please visit our website at: www.peacecorps.gov.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other nom-merit factor.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.