Peace Corps Belize is seeking to engage the local market on the requirements listed below.
Host Family Coordinator
Basic Functions of the Position:
The Host Family Coordinator (HFC) is responsible for the general community outreach and oversight of Peace Corps Belize’s Volunteer and Trainee homestay program. The HFC is tasked with the recruitment and orientation of safe and appropriate host families for Volunteers and Trainees assigned in communities throughout Belize. The HFC serves as the primary contact and support for Volunteers, Trainees, and host families on homestay matters.
Qualifications – Education/Experience
Associate degree and 5-7 years of relevant work experience in education, community outreach and organizing, business administration, tourism management or related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes
- Ability to identify and respect differences and similarities between U.S. and local cultures.
- Experience in community outreach.
- Willing and able to travel often and extensively throughout Belize.
- Strong cultural and geographic knowledge of Belize.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Positive attitude and commitment to a high standard of ethical and professional conduct.
- Highly reliable, self-motivated, detail-oriented and a quick learner.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent logistics and planning skills.
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and write effectively in English.
- Strong IT skills and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products including ease in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skills in database management.
- Knowledge of file management practices and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to drive a standard (manual) transmission vehicle.
- Experience with long-distance driving.
- Flexibility for overnight stays when required.
- Knowledge of communities and rural villages throughout Belize.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Fluency in a third local language (Q’eqchi, Kriol, Mopan, or Garifuna).
· Experience in providing orientation and training.
Position Salary and Position Duration
· Salary range is $34,000 to $41,000 and negotiable based on previous experience and qualifications. One-year contract renewable upon satisfactory performance.
· Must be a Belizean citizen or possess a Belizean work visa in order to apply.
· Submit resume with cover letter and two reference contacts’ information to [email protected] or mail to P.O. Box 492, 6130 Iguana Avenue, Belmopan.
· The due date for applications is Friday July 28, 2017. Applications received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the Contracting Officer.
· The successful applicant will be required to pass a thorough security background check.
· For a complete position description please send a request to [email protected]
· To learn more about the US Peace Corps visit: www.peacecorps.gov and for information about Peace Corps in Belize, please visit http://belize.peacecorps.gov/.