Read articles concerning global issues, cross cultural understanding and ways World Wise Schools resources can be integrated into your classroom.
- Framework and Standards Many of the Coverdell World Wise Schools standards-based resources are structured according to the framework called Understanding by Design (McTighe and Wiggins). They present "enduring understandings"; and "essential questions,"; which express the basic ideas that a lesson is designed to elicit or teach. Most lessons also are linked to nationally ...
- Global Issues | Disease Prevention
- Global Issues | Education
- Global Issues | Environmental Sustainability
- Global Issues | Food Security
- Global Issues | Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Issues | HIV/AIDS
- Global Issues | Nutrition
- Global Issues | Water and Sanitation
- International Education Week 2015 | Participate and Promote International Education November 16-20 marks the 15th Annual International Education Week. International Education Week (IEW) provides an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education. Join the World Wise Schools programs for several exciting opportunities this year.
- Looking at Ourselves and Others | Introduction Looking at Ourselves and Others contains lesson plans, activities, and readings that help students understand components of their own culture and leads them to appreciate and understand differences between their culture and that of others.
Peace Corps Week