Jump to Content or Main Navigation
Recipe: Pumpkin Soup
- Pacific Islands, Vanuatu
- 45 minutes
Materials & Procedures
- 3 c pumpkin
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 5 ½ c water
- 1 c milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 T butter
- 1 medium kumala (sweet potato), diced
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Place the pumpkin, water, pepper, and chicken bouillon in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft. Mash the pumpkin and set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add onions and potatoes, and cook until onion is golden.
- Add onions and potatoes to pumpkin mixture. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Add milk and nutmeg and stir. Heat through but do not boil.
World Wise Speakers
Invite a Peace Corps volunteer into your classroom to share what it's like to live a global life by sharing stories, cultures and knowledge.