Recipe: Popo Pineapple Jam
- Pacific Islands, Vanuatu
- 30 minutes
Materials & Procedures
- Popo (papaya)
- Select fully ripe popo, remove the seeds, and scoop out the pulp with a spoon. Mash with a fork.
- Peel pineapple, remove the eyes, and chop until fine.
- Mix equal parts of mashed popo and chopped pineapple.
- Add 1 ½ cups of sugar to every 2 cups of fruit mixture.
- Boil until thick, stirring constantly to avoid scorching.
- Pour into clean jars (use bleach to sterilize them).
World Wise Speakers
Invite a Peace Corps volunteer into your classroom to share what it's like to live a global life by sharing stories, cultures and knowledge.