Jump to Content or Main Navigation
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Macedonia
- 75 minutes
Materials & Procedures
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1.5 kg small tomatoes
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 kg of bell peppers
- 2 kg large eggplants
- Salt to taste
- 200-300 ml oil
- Roast pepper and eggplant directly on a flat burner or in a pan. Let them roast, flipping them as needed until they are roasted all over.
- As they finish, smaller peppers first and eggplants last, place in a plastic bag to retain moisture and to ease peeling. (A pot with a lid would also work). Set the bag aside for 15 minutes.
- Peel by hand the peppers, and peel the eggplant with a knife.
- Cut them into small pieces and set them into a cast iron skillet along with the oil and salt.
- Place on a burner, and let the mixture boil.
- Peel and grate tomatoes and add to skillet.
- Stir as needed until the water has boiled off, about 40 minutes. Remove from heat and add chopped garlic and parsley to taste.
World Wise Speakers
Invite a Peace Corps volunteer into your classroom to share what it's like to live a global life by sharing stories, cultures and knowledge.