Recipe: Papaya Banana Coconut Salad
- Pacific Islands, Samoa
- 10 minutes
Materials & Procedures
- 1 large ripe papaya
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ c. coconut milk or cream
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp sugar
- Remove seeds and skin from ripe papaya.
- Dice the fruit into fairly large chunks.
- Add sliced ripe bananas.
- Squeeze lime juice over the whole thing and sprinkle with about 1 tsp. sugar.
- Add the coconut milk or cream and stir all together.
- Add shredded coconut if desired and then serve.
World Wise Speakers
Invite a Peace Corps volunteer into your classroom to share what it's like to live a global life by sharing stories, cultures and knowledge.