- Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Kyrgyz Republic
- 1 hour 30 minutes
Kyrgyz tortillas with onions
Materials & Procedures
- 3 glasses of flour
- 50 gr. of yeast
- 1 glass of water
- 2-3 pieces of onion
- Salt to taste
- 100 gr. of oil (for frying-up)
- Mix the yeast in the warm water, add salt and flour, and make a dough.
- Put it in a warm place for one hour.
- Dough should be divided into several small pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough in a thin layer (as for noodles), flatten the top layer, put fried sliced onions on top and roll it again.
- Press it and roll back a layer; the thickness should be one centimeter.
- Cut into round cakes and fry them in a pan of fat.
- Lepeshkas are served with soup.