Jump to Content or Main Navigation
Recipe: Hot Chocolate
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Turkmenistan
- 30 minutes
Materials & Procedures
- 2 c sugar
- 1 c cocoa
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 c water
- 4 liters milk
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- Mix the sugar, cocoa, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add water and stir.
- Heat mixture until it boils, stirring all the time.
- Continue cooking and stirring it for two minutes.
- Add milk and heat until warm.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Yield 24 cups.
World Wise Speakers
Invite a Peace Corps volunteer into your classroom to share what it's like to live a global life by sharing stories, cultures and knowledge.