Jump to Content or Main Navigation
Recipe: Hong Shao Doufu
- Asia, China
- 30 minutes
Materials & Procedures
- 250g tofu (white)
- Red hot pepper paste to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 green onion, cut into 1" pieces
- 4 sliced garlic cloves 2 T oil
- 2 T starch in 2 T cool water
- Wash tofu and cut into one inch cubes.
- Heat oil to smoking in a wok.
- Add tofu and cook until brown.
- Add red hot pepper paste, onion, and garlic.
- Add water and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the water drops below the level of the tofu.
- Add the starch solution, stirring well.
- When thick, add salt to taste.
World Wise Speakers
Invite a Peace Corps volunteer into your classroom to share what it's like to live a global life by sharing stories, cultures and knowledge.