Recipe: Guveche or Bulgarian Casserole
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Bulgaria
- 1 hour
This is a great leftovers dish, and very simple.
Materials & Procedures
- Ceramic pot with a lid (a lid with a small airhole is best)
- 1 egg
- Whatever food you have lying around the house: potatoes, carrots, cheese, tomatoes, sausage, pork, zucchini, etc.
- Fill the pot with small pieces of whatever tickles your fancy: potatoes, carrots, cheese, tomatoes, sausage, pork, zucchini, etc. It's good to have a mix of hard and soft items, like some veggies and some cheese.
- On the top, crack a raw egg over the filling.
- Then cover and put in a medium-to-high heat oven until all items are cooked, usually about half an hour to 45 minutes. Enjoy!