Jump to Content or Main Navigation
- Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Kyrgyz Republic
- 45 minutes
Materials & Procedures
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped nuts (almonds or walnuts)
- ½ cup shelled sunflower seeds
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup oil
- ½ to 1 cup dried fruit
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat honey and oil in small saucepan until just warm, about 3 minutes.
- Add to oat mixture and stir until coated.
- Transfer to baking sheet in shallow layer.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, stirring every 3-5 minutes until golden.
- Granola will get crunchier after it is removed from the oven.
- Substitute or omit the nuts and fruit to your taste.
World Wise Speakers
Invite a Peace Corps volunteer into your classroom to share what it's like to live a global life by sharing stories, cultures and knowledge.