Recipe: Chicken or Pork Adobo
- Pacific Islands, Philippines
- 45 minutes
This is a popular dish among Filipinos and also to local backpackers.
Materials & Procedures
- 1 kilo of pork or chicken
- 1 c of vinegar
- ¾ c soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. peppercorn
- 1 clove garlic
- Cooking oil
- Mix all ingredients in a pan and allow to boil.
- Simmer over low fire until the meat is tender.
- Remove remaining sauce from the pan.
- Add a little cooking oil and fry the meat until it turns golden brown.
- Return sauce to pan and simmer for two or more minutes.
- Remove from fire and let it cool.
- Serve with rice.