Recipe: Banana Plantains with Dried Peas
- Africa, Rwanda
- 1 hour 30 minutes
Materials & Procedures
- 1 Kg dried peas
- 1 Kg Bananas
- 3 liters water
- 50 g butter
- Heat water to ebullition.
- Add peas and cook until tender, about a half hour.
- Peel bananas and lay them whole on top of the peas without mixing.
- Continue to cook for 45 minutes, until bananas are soft, adding a bit of water if necessary to prevent the peas from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Add salt and butter and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring gently but constantly, until the butter has been absorbed.
- Serve hot.
World Wise Speakers
Invite a Peace Corps volunteer into your classroom to share what it's like to live a global life by sharing stories, cultures and knowledge.