Fog Collection Devices: Fog Collection Net
- Africa, Cape Verde
- 30 minutes
- Classroom Project
Materials & Procedures
- Panty Hose
- Wire coat hanger
- Stretch a wire coat hanger out to form a diamond (as seen in the picture above).
- Place the panty hose around the wire coat hanger frame (this will represent the netting of a fog collection net).
- Bend the hook of the wire hanger until it is straight.
- Hold the coat hanger upside down and place the straightened out hook into a coffee can filled with sand.
- Using the humidifier, direct the steam or mist towards the fog net. The water droplets should form on the netting of the panty hose and run down into the coffee can. If the humidifier does not produce enough moisture, you can use a water bottle and spray the netting instead.