For nearly 30 years, the Master's International (MI) program has offered the unique opportunity to pair graduate studies at one of more than 90 U.S. partner universities with Peace Corps service abroad. Master's International has equipped Peace Corps Volunteers with the education and skills to serve successfully, and, in turn, has helped students earn advanced degrees.
In 2016, the Peace Corps made the difficult decision to retire the Master's International program and focus its resources on other partnership opportunities. On September 30, 2016, the Master's International program will close.
How will the closure of the Master's International program
The Peace Corps holds immense respect for partner Master's International universities and the coordinators and students of their MI programs. The following provides information about what the closure of MI means for each affected party:
Current Master's International students and university partners
Any student classified as an MI participant by a partnering university graduate program on or before September 30, 2016, will still be able to apply to serve in Peace Corps as an MI student.
- Tip: Acceptance into Peace Corps is not guaranteed for MI students. Increase your competitiveness by applying to volunteer positions that align with your education and experience.
- MI students currently serving as Peace Corps Volunteers may complete their service and graduate program as planned.
- University Partners with additional questions should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have not been selected as an MI student with a partnering university by the September 30, 2016, deadline, you will not be able to participate in the Master’s International program. Please visit our Find a Recruiter page to connect with a recruiter about becoming a Peace Corps Volunteer.
Prospective university partners
- Peace Corps is no longer accepting partnership proposals for the Master's International program. Please visit the University Programs page or email email@example.com to learn about other partnership opportunities.
Last updated May 03 2016
Contact Master's International
For more information contact:
Paul D. Coverdell Peace Corps Headquarters
1111 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20526
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.
Share your service experience through photos and videos.