California State University - Fresno — Department of Linguistics (TESOL)
- Program Type:
- Master's International
- Department of Linguistics (TESOL)
- Degrees Awarded:
- Linguistics (MA)
- Admissions Deadlines:
- April 1 (Fall) / Oct. 31 (Spring)
- Admissions Cycle:
- Fall / Spring
- Program Start:
- Fall (August); Spring (January)
- Program Founded:
- November, 2010
Language is an essential part of our life. Nothing characterizes humanity more than the ability to use language. Linguists do descriptive, theoretical and experimental work on the nature of sounds, words, sentences, development, and variation in human languages. Linguists also make valuable contributions to practical fields such as K-12 teaching, second and foreign language teaching, language planning, translation, computer science, forensic linguistics, and language disorders. Our degrees and programs develop intellectual skills that are essential to professional careers or advanced degrees. TESOL is an important part of our program and especially compatible with careers in the field of education.
The course will consist of a minimum of 30 credit hours, depending on the program pursued. The degree program will consist of 4 semesters of academic study.
- a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of a 2.8 GPA;
- fulfill Prerequisites if you are not a linguistic major;
- have preparation and understanding of Linguistics'
- submit two Letters of Recommendation; and
- submit transcripts from each institution of higher learning previously attended.
For inquiries about Master's International, call 855.855.1961 x1812.
Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology
2415 E. San Ramon, MS AS79
Fresno, California 93740
- (559) 278-2061
- (559) 278-4496
If you have questions, please contact:
Dr. Sandra Witte
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.