Eastern Michigan University — Department of World Languages
- Program Type:
- Master's International
- Department of World Languages
- Degrees Awarded:
- TESOL (MA)
- Admissions Deadlines:
Rolling admissions from February through May
- Admissions Cycle:
Intake for the MI-TESOL program will begin in the fall
- Program Start:
- Program Founded:
- July, 2010
Students may earn between 6 and 12 credit hours for Peace Corps service.
This course will consist of a minimum of 32 credit hours, depending on the program pursued. The TESOL degree program will consist of 3 quarters of academic study. Students are required to meet core academic requirements of their respective programs (with the exception of one seminar course, TSLN 694) before Peace Corps service.
Requirements for domestic students include:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA: 2.75;
- To be admitted to the MA TESOL program, an applicant must first meet the Graduate School's admissions standards;
- No particular undergraduate major is required for admission to this program;
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required for the program;
- Native-speakers of English must have one year of college-level study of a foreign language, with a grade of C or better; and
- Conditional admission may be granted to candidates that do not meet the foreign language requirement with the proviso that they complete 2 semesters of college-level foreign language study, earning a grade of C or better, prior to graduation.
For inquiries about Master's International, call 855.855.1961 x1812.
Department of World Languages
219 Alexander Building
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
- (734) 487-0130
- (734) 487-3411
If you have questions, please contact:
Dr. Jeff Popko
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.