University of Southern California — Sol Price School of Public Policy
- Program Type:
- Coverdell Fellows
- Sol Price School of Public Policy
- Degrees Awarded:
- Health Administration (MHA), Planning (MPL), Public Administration (MPA), Public Policy (MPP)
- Admissions Deadlines:
Please click here for a full list of admissions deadlines.
- Program Start:
- Fall semester starts late August, Spring semester starts mid-January, and Summer semester starts late May.
- Program Founded:
- July, 1998
Fellows who apply for fall semester admission to the Master of Health Administration (MHA), Master of Planning (MPL), Master of Public Administration (MPA) or Master of Public Policy (MPP) programs by the December 15th scholarship deadline will be eligible to receive a $10,000 scholarship to be disbursed over two years. Fellows will also be eligible for additional merit-based funding.
The Price School Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program will offer Master's degrees in Public Policy, Public Administration, Health Administration, and Planning. The Price School degree programs are highly ranked nationally and draw upon the school's exceptional faculty and the university's extensive resources. Degree programs combine depth of study with breadth of opportunity to specialize in areas within each field. Programs integrate classroom work with real-world experience through a variety of internships, mentorships and other opportunities with the greater Los Angeles community. The USC Sol Price School of Public Policy offers an education that:
- Combines the liberal arts, professional expertise, and the resources of a great research university to offer students breadth, depth and variety as they follow their interests and design their programs
- Centers on and values the relationships that develop between individual students and individual teachers
- Offers both academic and relevant real-world experiences and draws widely on the expertise of networks of engaged councilors, advisors, alumni, and prominent professionals
- Encourages innovation, entrepreneurship, experimentation, and collaboration
- Fosters a multidisciplinary and problem-solving ethic
- Focuses broadly and inclusively on the issues, constituencies, structures, and institutions engaged in public life?in both governance and the built environment
- a USC Graduate Application
- $85 application fee
- official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- official copy of test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). (Note: When registering for the GRE or GMAT, applicants should use the following institution codes: GRE 4852 or GMAT 4937)
- a completed Price Supplemental Form (complete through the Graduate On-line Application)
- a current resume
- a maximum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one academic reference
- a statement of purpose of approximately 750-1,500 words
- a completed Price School Scholarship Application Form (If you wish to be considered for Price sponsored scholarships, complete Scholarship Application Form through the Price School Supplemental Form on-line)
For inquiries about Paul D. Coverdell Fellows Program, call 855.855.1961 x1440.
Sol Price School of Public Policy
Ralph & Goldy Lewis Hall, 111
Los Angeles, California 90089
- (213) 740-0399
If you have questions, please contact:
Assistant Director of Recruitment & Admission
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.