Benefits of Master's International for Students
As an MI student, you have an unparalleled opportunity to live and work overseas while completing a master's degree in your field of interest. You will earn more than your degree, returning with feelings of independence, confidence, and accomplishment. The benefits of the MI program can last a lifetime.
Many of our partner schools offer research or teaching assistantships, scholarships, or tuition waivers to Volunteers while serving in the Peace Corps—and all offer credit for service. The schools also dedicate talented faculty and staff members, who serve as ongoing resources throughout your academic and overseas experiences.
Some other benefits include:
- Language, cross-cultural, and technical training
- Transportation costs to and from the country of service
- Living and housing expenses during overseas service
- Medical and dental coverage
- Vacation time and allowance
- Deferment or possible cancellation of certain government education loans
- Readjustment allowance upon completion of service
- Career counseling and job search facilities available to returned Peace Corps Volunteers
Last updated Jan 30 2014
Printable Benefits Overview
Graduate Programs Webinar
Learn more about our Coverdell Fellows and Master's International programs.
Contact Master's International
For more information contact:
Paul D. Coverdell Peace Corps Headquarters
1111 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20526
Phone: 855.855.1961, ext. 1812
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.