Benefits of Master's International
Master’s International partner schools offer students an opportunity to participate in a low-cost, professionally relevant field experience in a global setting. The program is a useful recruitment tool for universities seeking creative ways to boost admissions within specific degree programs. Master’s International campus coordinators at partner graduate schools attest that their programs consistently attract motivated, ambitious students. Additionally, Master’s International furthers partner institutions’ globalization and service learning priorities.
Faculty and peers at partner universities will benefit as well. The Master’s International student in the field can be an incredible resource for practical information and applied ideas: By working with them, faculty advisers can expand their own knowledge of other cultures and countries. Upon their return, Master’s International students can draw upon their two years of international experience, sharing their knowledge with current and prospective students through events and articles and encouraging continued interest in the program.
Master’s International students receive the following educational, career, and financial benefits from the Peace Corps:
- Language, cross-cultural, and technical training
- Transportation costs to and from the country of service
- Living and housing expenses during service abroad
- Medical and dental coverage
- Vacation time and allowance
- Opportunities for travel within the country or region of service
- Deferment or possible cancellation of certain government education loans
- Readjustment allowance upon completion of service
- Career counseling and job search tools for returned Peace Corps Volunteers
Last updated Jan 30 2014
Printable Benefits Overview
Graduate Programs Webinar
Learn more about our Coverdell Fellows and Master's International programs.
Contact Master's International
For more information contact:
Paul D. Coverdell Peace Corps Headquarters
1111 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20526
Phone: 855.855.1961, ext. 1812
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.