Assignment Openings by Country and Departure
Map Your Peace Corps Future
Use this new, interactive tool to find out information about each assignment, country and departure month to help you plan ahead. The Peace Corps will provide you with world-class training designed to equip you with the skills you need to successfully serve in your host community—wherever it is on the map!
Assignments Departing July – December 2014
While this information can help guide your decision, your willingness to serve where your skills are needed the most helps us match you with the best opportunity available. Most positions require a bachelor’s degree, and medical clearance is required for all assignments.
Country Assignment Language Requirement Departure Month Armenia Youth Development
None August 2014 Botswana Health and HIV AIDS
Youth and HIV/AIDs
None August 2014 Cambodia Health
English Teaching and Teacher Training
None July 2014 Cameroon Youth Development
Romance language** September 2014 Colombia TEFL Elementary Spanish*** August 2014 Costa Rica Youth Development Elementary Spanish*** July 2014 Dominican Republic Health
Elementary Spanish*** August 2014 El Salvador Organizational & Economic Development Intermediate Spanish July 2014 Fiji Health None September 2014 Ghana Agriculture None October 2014 Guatemala Health
Intermediate Spanish July 2014 Guatemala Health Intermediate Spanish October 2014 Guinea Secondary Education: Math/Science/TEFL French* July 2014 Guinea Health
French* December 2014 Kenya Health
Water and Sanitation
Small Enterprise Development
None September 2014 Lesotho Education None October 2014 Macedonia Community Development
None September 2014 Mozambique Health and Organizational Strengthening Elementary Spanish*** May 2014 Namibia Small Enterprise Development
Secondary and Upper Primary Education
None July 2014 Nepal Food Security
None September 2014 Nicaragua Environmental Education
Elementary Spanish*** August 2014 Paraguay Environmental Conservation
Elementary Spanish*** September 2014 Peru Environmental Management
Water and Sanitation
Elementary Spanish*** September 2014 Philippines Coastal Resources Management
None July 2014 Rwanda English Teaching and Teacher Support None September 2014 Samoa English Education None October 2014 Senegal Agroforestry
French* September 2014 South Africa Education None July 2014 Tanzania Secondary Education Math & Science None July 2014 The Gambia Environmental Management
None October 2014 Tonga TEFL None September 2014 Uganda Teacher Training None November 2014 Ukraine TEFL None September 2014
*Two semesters of college-level French or more
**Two semesters of college level coursework in a Romance language
***Two semesters of college-level Elementary Spanish
****Portuguese language experience preferred or two semesters of college-level Elementary Spanish
Learn more about the various sectors that Peace Corps Volunteers work in.
Attend An Event
Each year, Peace Corps recruiters appear at hundreds of information sessions, book readings, campus and community events, and career fairs throughout the nation.
Find an event near you
Helpful Application Hints
- Use a recommended browser: For the best experience, use Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Google Chrome 12.0 or higher, Firefox 3.0 or higher, or Safari 4.0 or higher. Using the most current version of your selected browser will produce the best results.
- Keep your candidate reference number: Once you've created a user profile, you will receive a system-generated e-mail containing your candidate reference number, which you will need to complete the medical process after submitting your application.
- Use only one email: Using one email for us to contact you and to create your profile will make your application process easier. We recommend using a permanent email as opposed to your school or work email.
- Speaking of email, keep us out of your spam folder: Add peacecorps.gov to your safe sender list to ensure you receive all of your emails.
- Check your details carefully: Double check your social security number, your phone number, date of birth, and email address before hitting submit.
- Review the Legal Information Page: Learn about the types of documents Peace Corps may need you to upload along with your application.
- Have Adobe Reader installed: Many of our letters and forms will now come to you in .pdf format. You will need to have the free Adobe Reader installed to view these documents.
Take the next step today for the leadership experience of a lifetime!
Last updated Nov 25 2013