Serving District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia
To the Peace Corps Headquarters in Washington, DC
Metro Blue / Orange Line
- Take either a Blue or an Orange line train to Farragut West Station.
- Exit toward 18th Street, and at the top of the escalators, you will be on the corner of 18th St. and K St.
- Turn left and walk down 18th St. two blocks until you come to 20th St.
- Make a left on L St. and walk one block. Peace Corps Headquarters will be on your right.
Metro Red Line
- Take the Red line train to Farragut North Station.
- Exit toward L St., and at the top of the escalators, make a left and walk down L St. until you come to 20th St.
- The building will be on your right.
From the Northwest (Montgomery, Frederick Counties, MD)
- From Interstate 270, take the I-270 spur to I-495 S (Capital Beltway)
- Take exit 43-44, George Washington Memorial Parkway
- Take exit on the right for Theodore Roosevelt Bridge
- After crossing the bridge, the first stoplight on Constitution Avenue is 23rd Street
- Turn left on 20th St. and proceed straight until L St. The building will be on your right.
From the Southeast (Richmond)
- Take Interstate 95 North, and exit on 170-A, merging into I-395 North.
- Take exit 8B, Washington Blvd. (Route 27 North), and cross Arlington Memorial Bridge.
- Circle left at Lincoln Memorial and take 23rd St.
- Enter next roundabout and take 2nd exit onto New Hampshire Ave.
- Turn right on L. St.
- Turn left on 20th St. The building will be on your right.
From the Southwest (Charlottesville)
- Take Route 29 North to Interstate 66 East. (Note: I-66 is designated HOV-2 between 6:30 and 9:00 am, Monday through Friday, which means no vehicles allowed with less than 2 passengers.)
- Proceed on I-66 East and cross over Theodore Roosevelt Bridge.
- The bridge feeds into Constitution Avenue.
- Turn left on 20th St. and proceed until L St. The building will be on your right.
From the Northeast (Baltimore)
- From Interstate 95 South, take the Baltimore-Washington Parkway (I-295), exit 22B toward Washington.
- Go to Route 50 and proceed straight to go onto New York Ave.
- New York Ave. becomes Mount Vernon Place.
- Turn left on 9th St.
- Turn right on K St.
- Turn right on 20th St.
- Go one block to L St. The building will be on your right.
Last updated Oct 10, 2014
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.
Share your service experience through photos and videos.