Serving Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
201 Varick St. is in Greenwich Village in lower Manhattan on the corner of Varick and Houston streets. The visitors' entrance is on Houston Street. You must show photo ID to enter the building.
- Get off at the Christopher St. stop. Walk south down Hudson St. and left onto Houston St.
NYC Subways by Line
- Take the A/C/E/B/D/F/V train to the West 4th St., go one block south and turn right. Walk southwest on Carmine St. to Varick St. and go south one block.
- Alternatively, take the 1 train to the Houston St. stop.
- From Penn Station, take subway line 1 to the Houston St. stop.
- From Grand Central Station, connect with subway line 7 or Shuttle S and take it to the Times Square stop and transfer to the 1 going downtown. Take the 1 line to Houston St.
From Lincoln Tunnel and the George Washington Bridge
- Take the West Side Highway South (9A, Henry Hudson Parkway) towards Houston St.
- Left on Clarkson St., right onto Varick St. to corner of Houston St.
From Holland Tunnel
- Stay in right lane when exiting tunnel.
- Take a right at light onto Hudson St.
- Go north to corner of Houston St. There is a parking lot on corner.
From Upstate New York and Connecticut:
- Take 87 or 95 south to West Side Highway (9A/Henry Hudson Pkwy).
- Take the West Side Highway South towards Houston St.
- Take a left on Clarkson St., and a right onto Varick St. to the corner of Houston St.
There are some parking garages in the area, but they fill quickly and are expensive. There is meter parking on the street, but many allow only up to an hour.
Helpful Phone Numbers
- MTA (subway/bus): 718.330.1234
- PATH (NJ subway): 800.234.7284
- NJ TRAN (bus/rail): 800.772.2222 (from NJ), 973.762.5100 (others)
- Metro North: 800.638.7646
- Amtrak: 800.USA.RAIL
- Port Authority: 212.564.6484
Last updated Jan 24, 2014
Find Local Events
Peace Corps recruiters appear at information sessions, campus and community events, and career fairs. Pick a state and find a Peace Corps event near you.
Share your service experience through stories and photos.