Peace Corps Global Awareness Day: Stories from Returned Volunteers
Eastern Monroe Public Library
10:00a.m to 4:00 p.m.
1002 North Ninth Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Come and learn about other countries and cultures during Peace Corps Week! Beginning Sunday, February 24 and running through Saturday, March 2, this annual observation pays tribute to the Peace Corps Volunteers who make a difference in host countries around the world and in the United States. Join us for this fast-paced meet and greet session where you'll have the chance to learn about the challenging, rewarding and inspirational moments from returned Peace Corps Volunteer.
Peace Corps Week commemorates the date President John F. Kennedy signed the executive order to establish the Peace Corps March 1, 1961 and is opportunity to promote world peace and friendship through activities and events that embody the mission and goals of the Peace Corps. Below are a list of activities at the Eastern Monroe Public Libarary:
- PEACE CORPS INFORMATION TABLE (Pamphlets, world maps, pictures, websites, application process information will be available).
- COUNTRY INFORMATION TABLES (Returned Peace Corps Volunteers will share information about their assignments and experiences and answer questions).
- PEACE CORPS READING TABLE ( Peace Corps History, Information, Stories and Books written about the Peace Corps and written by Peace Corps Volunteers)
- MEMORIAL TABLE (for President John Kennedy, Director Sargent Shriver and departed Peace Corps friends and family members).
- PANEL DISCUSSION scheduled for 2:00 PM (Panel participants will be Returned Peace Corps Volunteers representing countries of Services in Latin America, The Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Africa, Middle East, Pacific Islands and Asia).
About the Peace Corps: Read more or watch a video about what it's like to be a Volunteer including what Volunteers do, where they go, and the many benefits of Peace Corps service. Or apply now to begin your life-defining experience.
For questions about this event contact Kimberly Helm
Last updated May 10 2013