Peace Corps Application Workshop at Tulane University - Downtown (Open to the public)
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Tidewater Building Auditorium, 1st Floor
1440 Canal St.
New Orleans, LA 70112
Saving the world just got easier! On July 15th the Peace Corps announced historic changes to its application process. What used to be an 8-hour, 60-page application can now be completed online in less than one hour. Where applicants previously had no say in their placement - they can now apply to specific countries and programs.
Are you thinking about hitting that submit button? We're here to help! Join Peace Corps' Office of Recruitment in a unique Application Workshop where we walk you through the new application step-by-step and ask for your feedback.
To complete your application at the workshop please bring the following:
- A computer or electronic device with Wi-Fi capabilities
- A digital copy of your resume
- A completed Motivation Statement (see guidelines below)
- Contact information for two references (see guidelines below)
This event is free and open to the public but we kindly ask you to please RSVP via the 'Register Now' link below so we know how many to expect. There are two large public parking lots west of the Tidewater building for $3 each.
Motivation Statement Guideline
Peace Corps service presents major physical, emotional, and intellectual challenges.
- Please provide a statement explaining your reasons for wanting to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer and how you plan to overcome the various challenges associated with Peace Corps service (less than 500 words).
The Peace Corps requires two references. Please bring contact information (first, last name, and email address) for the following people (the Peace Corps will not contact your references unless you are selected for an interview):
- A close friend who has known you for at least two years (the person cannot be related to you)
- A current or previous employment supervisor, volunteer work supervisor, or professor
Serving in the Peace Corps is a great way to immerse yourself in a new culture, learn a new language, and have the experience of a lifetime. Read more or watch a video about how Peace Corps service makes a difference for the communities served, the volunteers themselves, and here in the U.S. Learn what it's like to be a Volunteer including what Volunteers do, where they go, and the many benefits of Peace Corps service.
For questions about this event contact Cedar Wolf
If you require a reasonable accommodation when attending a Peace Corps event, please contact the recruiter identified in the “for questions about this event” section of the event listing. Please provide the details of the reasonable accommodation you are requesting.
Last updated Aug 21 2014