You can make a difference. And now is the time.
Take charge of your future while making a real impact as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Live, learn, and work in a community overseas, and help develop innovative solutions to everyday problems. Learn a new language and get the cross-cultural and technical skills to create rewarding projects in your host community. Make a difference overseas and return home with the experience and global perspective to stand out in a competitive job market.
Get Answers from a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer
- What do Volunteers do overseas?
- Where do Volunteers go?
- What are the benefits during service?
- What are the benefits after service?
- How can I become a Volunteer?
Need more information before you start your application? Let us know.
Helpful Application Hints
- Use a recommended browser: For the best experience, use Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Google Chrome 12.0 or higher, Firefox 3.0 or higher, or Safari 4.0 or higher. Using the most current version of your selected browser will produce the best results.
- Keep your candidate reference number: Once you've created a user profile, you will receive a system-generated e-mail containing your candidate reference number, which you will need to complete the medical process after submitting your application.
- Use only one email: Using one email for us to contact you and to create your profile will make your application process easier. We recommend using a permanent email as opposed to your school or work email.
- Speaking of email, keep us out of your spam folder: Add peacecorps.gov to your safe sender list to ensure you receive all of your emails.
- Check your details carefully: Double check your social security number, your phone number, date of birth, and email address before hitting submit.
- Review the Legal Information Page: Learn about the types of documents Peace Corps may need you to upload along with your application.
- Have Adobe Reader installed: Many of our letters and forms will now come to you in .pdf format. You will need to have the free Adobe Reader installed to view these documents.
Need more information to decide if the Peace Corps is right for you?
- Learn more about the benefits of Peace Corps service.
- Attend an information session.
- Talk to a Peace Corps recruiter by calling 855.855.1961
Take the next step today for the leadership experience of a lifetime!
Last updated Sep 02 2015