You can make a difference. And now is the time.
Build your résumé by teaching overseas as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Get the language, cross-cultural, and technical training to be effective in your host community. Benefit from a leadership experience that will give you the global perspective to stand out in a changing world.
Find out more about what education Volunteers do
- Teach literacy and numeracy
in primary schools
- Develop alternative teaching methodologies
- Teach science, math, and
English in secondary schools
Start the application process. Create a profile, add to it, and track your progress. Or, request more information.
Helpful Application Hints
- Use a recommended browser: For the best experience, use Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Google Chrome 12.0 or higher, Firefox 3.0 or higher, or Safari 4.0 or higher. Using the most current version of your selected browser will produce the best results.
- Keep your candidate reference number: Once you've created a user profile, you will receive a system-generated e-mail containing your candidate reference number, which you will need to complete the medical process after submitting your application.
- Use only one email: Using one email for us to contact you and to create your profile will make your application process easier. We recommend using a permanent email as opposed to your school or work email.
- Speaking of email, keep us out of your spam folder: Add peacecorps.gov to your safe sender list to ensure you receive all of your emails.
- Check your details carefully: Double check your social security number, your phone number, date of birth, and email address before hitting submit.
- Review the Legal Information Page: Learn about the types of documents Peace Corps may need you to upload along with your application.
- Have Adobe Reader installed: Many of our letters and forms will now come to you in .pdf format. You will need to have the free Adobe Reader installed to view these documents.
Need more information to decide if the Peace Corps is right for you?
- Find out more about education Volunteer assignments and requirements.
- Learn more about the benefits of Peace Corps service.
- Attend an information session.
- Talk to a Peace Corps recruiter by calling 855.855.1961
Take the next step today for the leadership experience of a lifetime!
Last updated Jan 30 2014