How Do I Become a Volunteer?
The Peace Corps offers a unique experience to make a difference around the world and bring the benefits of that experience back home. The personal and professional rewards of Peace Corps service last a lifetime.
Deciding to apply to the Peace Corps takes research and deliberation. The following web sections are a great resource as you explore opportunities to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer.
- What Peace Corps is Looking For in a Volunteer Applicant
- The Right Person for the Right Job
- How to Strengthen Your Application
- Find out what skill sets increase your chances of qualifying for Peace Corps Volunteer positions, and how you can strengthen your qualifications without a specialized degree.
- Find answers to some frequently asked questions.
- The Application Process
- On average the process from application to invitation takes from seven to twelve months.
- Core Expectations
- In working toward fulfilling the Peace Corps mission of promoting world peace and friendship, as a trainee and Volunteer, we ask that you understand and agree to our Core Expectations.
- How can I get volunteer experience?
- Are you interested in serving as a Peace Corps Volunteer, but need additional experience to strengthen your application? The Peace Corps is partnering with organizations in the U.S. to help prepare Volunteers to support community projects around the world.
- Higher Education Opportunities
- Peace Corps is partnering with higher education organizations in the U.S. to help prepare Americans to support community projects around the world.
- How Peace Corps Determines Selection and Placement of Volunteers
Last updated Jan 30 2014